Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Joy and Satisfaction

This has been an amazing week! The historic and momentous events that came to a climax last evening reminded me to sit for a moment in the gratitude I feel for simply being alive right now.

My birthday continued last evening when, as mentioned before, we headed to my favorite Thai place for dinner and MORE presents all wrapped in the love of the rest of my brood.
These

and these
were a gift from daughter #2 and Miss D. They came from laralewis

Because they know how much I love earrings, I got these from daughter #3

I love reading the blogs and always get inspired when I do. A few days back Mary Ann of Dispatch From LA showed us a journal she made from security envelopes and a padded mailer. For some reason that got into my head and I couldn't rest until I'd put one together.

It's all nice and fat and crinkely. Here is a peek at the pages. Can't wait to start pasting.

Like the song says, "there's gonna be a bright, bright, sunshiny day."

4 comments:

Tara said...

How wonderful and unique is all of this! Good for you!!

Laura Bray said...

Someone is going to have the prettiest ears around!

Alison Gibbs said...

Laura it has been ages since I caught up with your blog. So many family issues going on these last few months. Hope to be able to catch up more often.
Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday
Alison

Natasha Burns said...

Hope you had a lovely birthday, your gifts were gorgeous!!!