Tuesday, October 9, 2012

As everyone knows, moving can be stressful. Add to that moving your 83 year old mother and her lifetime of memories to a Senior Living closer to you, and you will understand why I have not been in my happy place here lately. I miss my friends and my old activities. I am exhausted and Fibro has dug in deep. I feel ridiculous, this is a great house, the view of my dreams, and here I am all low down saggy and blue.

Ahhhh, but the Universe doth provide. A friend who lives closer to me than before I moved invited me to a painting class today with Charlotte Backman, an amazing artist who specializes in Mandalas. Check her out, Mandala Visions, her work is beautiful and she is a good teacher, besides being of a LOT of fun!

She coached me into making this in just one day.



Besides spending time with my friend and learning from Charlotte, I met several accomplished and wonderfully wild women who I hope to see often. One of them took this photo and emailed it to me. 

So, things are looking a LOT rosier in my little corner of the world. Good company, good art, just what the doctor ordered.

So here's what I'm thinking. Try to remember, "this too shall pass" and something pretty darn wonderful is always waiting in the wings.


1 comment:

Healing Woman said...

Yes, very true Laura. I really like your first mandala. Classes and activity are always a sure fire way to get out of the doldrums. Can you imagine what my life was like when I had my mother come and live with me? She did not want to leave Ohio but she needed to be here. 6 long years living with a mother I did not know anymore..alzthimers. I'll tell you what I did about it. I started my B-dazzle car. That was the only way I could survive-by creating. I'm glad I cared for her those long years. You will be too.