Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

I think I am finally making some headway getting settled into the new house. It seems to have been a long exhausting ordeal.

But I am making progress! These are shots, taken on my big girl camera that was literally in the very last box to get unpacked. The photos are a bit weird, I think camera may have been bounced about a bit. This is my new art room. I think I will be very happy here!





                                     Hey, I said "progress" not "perfection"





So here's what I'm thinking: I am exhausted, moving is so stressful, I'm not as young as I used to be, I had to move my Mom in the midst of moving myself, I have Fibro, whaa!!!

Then I think of what lies ahead for all of our fellow travelers on the East Coast who face massive, heartbreaking and backbreaking clean up, if not the loss, of their homes on top of everything they have already been through. Then there are those who were injured and, most heartbreaking of all, those who lost loved ones. I am sending them peace and love, and endurance so that they may soon have healed hearts and homes. And I am sending a donation to Red Cross, aware how little that will do to ease the suffering of so many. What happens to one of us happens to all of us.

And I am going to stop whining. And be grateful, for all of the obvious reasons and for our children, all grown with families and lives of their own, who were incredibly helpful, supportive and caring all during our move.  I promise to keep some perspective.


5 comments:

Berni McDermott said...

you are so right, folks in Cleveland got hit hard too. Usually everyone is calling us here in NC to make sure we are ok after a hurricane, not us calling to check on them. My brother still doesn't have power in Parma, lost 2 freezers and a frig full of food.
They are cold and tired and won't go to the shelter because they have an 18 yr old dog and a cat and they won't leave them. Yup, we are blessed. Skies look beautiful out your windows, they look like our Carolina blue skies here!! Love ya

Anonymous said...

I agree. As blessed by those who love us as by those we love. There is always something to be thankful for.

So glad you are feeling more settled in and have been able to create such a lovely place in which to create lovely things. The light in that room must be amazing.

I want to wish you a birthday filled with light and love, and many blessings in the year to come! I miss seeing you, and wish well.
Sally Bulgier

Laura said...

Hi Sally. Thanks for the birthday wishes and for stopping by the blog.

Healing Woman said...

Your studio looks so inviting and warm. I was surprised that you have such a wide expanse of ocean as your view from what looks like every window! Just beautiful.

Happy Birthday Laura. You deserve the best!

femminismo said...

What gorgeous views of the sky. How can this NOT be the most inspiring art spot in your home?