Monday, October 21, 2013

Perfect!

Not been feeling my best for awhile, but I spent the afternoon making a book! Haven't made any kind of journal is a long time and this was just what I needed.






The cover is made from one of those inserts that hold something (can't remember what) in the box during shipping and a beautiful birthday card I got last year. The pages are some of my poems pasted onto old resume paper from my business days. I love when something from that life ends up being art!

Scrounged around the art room and found some fine wire, few pearls, distressing ink, old art papers and there it is.

I have been writing for a very long time but I never thought of myself as someone who would make art of any kind. I am grateful for all of the people who have crossed my path and encouraged me.

Here's what I'm thinking: I talk about my old life and my new life, but I am learning that there is only "the life" and it is never any more or any less than I make it.

3 comments:

femminismo said...

"Perfect" indeed! Good on you for making the effort to produce something artistic. Love the cutout portion. I need to try that. Like your pictures, drawings and collages in the previous post too. Have a wonderful new year! - Jeanne

GlorV1 said...

I think your work is great. I loved that butterfly, the monarch. Have a wonderful day and to me you are an artist. Take care, just popping in because a blogger friend said she ran across your blog and she wanted me to see it and I did and I'm glad. Nice to meet you.
gloria

Aleta Jacobson said...

So sorry you have felt well. Art heals all. Keep creating. ❤